Save 15% On New Customer Orders at groupon
Groupon Discount Tips
Groupon is all about saving you money by offering great local deals from businesses in your city, as well as coupon codes from retailers all over the country. There are also Groupon Goods and Getaway Deals that you can take advantage of to save even more money. Sometimes, you don’t even need to use a Groupon promo code to get the best possible deal.
How to Save Money on Groupon
It might seem redundant to save money on this site that exists specifically to save you money, but savvy select customers who know the tricks of the trade can bring a purchase down to nearly nothing. Particularly advanced users don’t even need a promo code to do it.
In the absence of in-store coupon stacking and price matching, here are the best tips to save even more with your Groupon coupon codes.
- Sign up for a Groupon account and register for their newsletter and you’ll get a 25% off Groupon promo code for your first purchase.
- Refer a friend and get $10 in Groupon Bucks once they buy their first deal.
- Keep an eye on Groupon’s Clearance page, which often lists deals upwards of 80% off.
- Get free shipping on Groupon when you spend at least $35 on a product or look for a free shipping coupon code on this page.
- You can combine products to hit the $35 minimum as well. Speaking of buying products, purchasing Groupon goods will earn you a promo code for 15% off Bonus Savings which can be used at a restaurant, spa or other local deal. Certain deals are excluded and you have to use it within 48 hours, but hey, free money.
- Read the fine print on your coupon code before you checkout. Individual retailers often come with their own particular fine print — don’t get locked into a potentially non-refundable purchase before making sure you are eligible for the deal.
And if you can’t be bothered to check the site regularly, definitely subscribe to their emails, and follow Groupon on Facebook or Twitter so you don’t miss out on any great sales or Groupon coupon codes.
What Promo Codes Does Groupon Offer?
Before pulling the trigger on your already-discounted item, make sure you’re getting the best Groupon promo codes. Look for 20-25% offers for local deals and Groupon Getaways. There are often exclusions to those offers, so make sure you read the fine print. Occasionally there will also be targeted promotions available to certain Groupon subscribers, such as $10 off any order.
How Do I Redeem My Groupon Coupon?
Bought your exciting new restaurant Groupon coupon and feel anxious about how to elegantly present your coupon code or voucher to your waiter? Fortunately, Groupon coupons often come with instructions under “View Details” on the page. Select “How to Use” and it will tell you the best way to redeem that specific coupon, regardless of whether it’s for home goods, a getaway or a full-body massage.
Sometimes, you don’t need to do anything other than show your voucher, printed out or on your phone. This is often the case for local deals and live events that require tickets.
Watch Out for Deals of the Day
Keep an eye on the limited time This daily deals promo section is updated every 24 hours, so get in quick before time or stock runs out. These Groupon deals include a huge range of items including gadgets, home and car accessories and apparel. Hone your coupon code typing trigger fingers and your Deals of the Day checking reflex now, so you can clean up during the Black Friday Deals flash sale shuffle when the time comes.
Earn Groupon Bucks
Get rewarded for shopping with Groupon Bucks, credit that can be redeemed on future qualifying purchases. Sign up for an account and begin earning and spending Bucks with qualifying purchases right away. There are a few ways you can earn Groupon Bucks:
- Special promotions and purchases
- Refunds (credit given as a refund does not expire)
These credits automatically apply to your next qualifying purchases to give you even bigger savings.
How Do I Use the Groupon App?
If you want to keep on top of the latest local deals and coupon codes from your favorite stores, signing up for the just takes a minute.
In addition to getting a streamlined feed of each promo code from the desktop site, you can also:
- Receive $10 in Groupon Bucks when you make your first purchase via the mobile app.
- Make it easier to redeem your voucher for travel deals and live events.
- Access high-demand discounts and coupons where supplies may be limited.
Refer a Friend and Earn $10 in Groupon Bucks
Tell your friends and family about Groupon by sharing your custom link with them. If your friends create an account and make a purchase within 72 hours, you earn $10 Groupon Bucks.
Groupon Student Discount
If you’re a college student, sign up for Groupon’s Student Program to receive an extra 25% off local Groupon deals. You’ll receive 25% off during your first six months, and as long as you’re still a student, you’ll still be eligible to receive a 15% discount off qualifying orders after that. Your maximum savings is $20 and you’ll need your student identification to sign up.
Groupon Refund Policy
Groupon has a fair refund policy, so there isn’t much risk involved with trying out a product or service found on their site.
- Any unredeemed voucher can be refunded within three days from time of purchase. All sales are final after that, but your voucher is always worth at least the amount you paid for it, regardless if the promotional value has expired or not.
- If you are unsatisfied with what you paid for, Groupon claims they will try to “make it right” within 14 days.
- If you buy a trip voucher through Groupon Getaways but aren’t able to book the trip you want, you have until the book-by-date to request a full refund.
- Groupon Goods products can always be returned (unless otherwise specified) within 14 days of receipt.
- Tickets bought via GrouponLive are only refundable the same day you bought them. Unless the event is canceled or rescheduled you won’t be able to get your money back.
You can call their customer service or use their live chat option on their website. Just select the order in question in the help wizard and fill out what the issue is in the field provided. On the third screen, you will be paired up with a customer service rep.